The Association “Klaipėda Region” (AKR) is the association uniting seven municipalities of Klaipėda Region, that has been operating since 2012.
The aims of the AKR activity:
- Represent the interests of the AKR members: Klaipėda city, Klaipėda district, Palanga town, Neringa, Kretinga district, Skuodas district and Šilutė district municipalities;
- Unite the municipalities of the Klaipėda Region to strive for a more efficient implementation of the tasks of its members that require joint efforts;
- Contribute to the attraction of European Union support investments to the region, the strengthening of the regional policy and the promotion of a balanced social and economic development of Klaipėda Region.
Key areas of the AKR activity:
- Promotion and strengthening of international and regional cooperation;
- Participation in international projects, programs and activities of interregional cooperation organizations;
- Coordination of development of the economic and smart specialization of the region;
- Development and coordination of the accessibility and awareness program of the region;
- Strengthening of the regional tourism policy.
Development of international cooperation relations of the Klaipėda Region with the regions of neighbouring and other countries, active participation in international projects, programs and / or activities of interregional cooperation organizations.
Combine the joint forces of the members in the field of tourism in order to increase the number of tourists to the Klaipėda Region, to form the image of one tourist region and increase the competitiveness at the national and international level by coordinating joint activities of the municipalities.
Combine financial resources and investments in the implementation of members’ targeted programs and projects, assist the members of the Association in solving relevant issues and problems encountered by them.
Submission of the tourism business and other businesses terms and conditions improvement projects, as well as economic, financial and social problems’ solution projects, to the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, Municipal Councils and other agencies.