The Association “Klaipėda Region” (AKR) is the association uniting seven municipalities of Klaipėda Region, that has been operating since 2012.
The aims of the AKR activity:
- Represent the interests of the AKR members: Klaipėda city, Klaipėda district, Palanga town, Neringa, Kretinga district, Skuodas district and Šilutė district municipalities;
- Unite the municipalities of the Klaipėda Region to strive for a more efficient implementation of the tasks of its members that require joint efforts;
- Contribute to the attraction of European Union support investments to the region, the strengthening of the regional policy and the promotion of a balanced social and economic development of Klaipėda Region.
Key areas of the AKR activity:
- Promotion and strengthening of international and regional cooperation;
- Participation in international projects, programs and activities of interregional cooperation organizations;
- Coordination of development of the economic and smart specialization of the region;
- Development and coordination of the accessibility and awareness program of the region;
- Strengthening of the regional tourism policy.